Sunday 20 May 2018

Stash Scrap Scarf


 I haven't made much for myself lately, most of my creative work has been on things like dishcloths, cute little toys and a blanket I'm making from re-purposed yarn from an installation artwork I collaborated on last year; so it has been a while since I've had anything to share.

                          



My yarn stash is full of beautiful little remnants from past projects and I've been attempting not buy much yarn until I use up more of my stash so I dug up a few colours that complemented each other and I made my first ever knitted scarf. I thought the combination of different yarns would lend itself well to using a bunch of different stitch patterns to add texture and make the project more interesting. All that yarn I used was either wool or silk/wool blends. Some of the yarn brought up beautiful memories of the lovely things I made from them originally, so this ended up being a really special little project.




No comments:

Post a Comment